If you are an ICICI Direct user and trade in Stocks and Mutual Funds, then this article is for you. I will explain how to fill capital gain details in Income Tax Return (ITR-2) in New Income Tax Portal. I will be explaining the process for both Shares and Mutual Funds.
Since I have already created a You Tube video on this topic, I am uploading the same here for your convenience.
In short, you have to do following things:
- Download Capital Gains statement from ICICI Direct
- Make changes in Capital Gains statement as suggested in video
- Select the right schedules to fill under ITR-2
- Fill consolidated data for STCG
- For LTCG on shares purchased before 31 Jan 2018, fill data for each stock you traded
- For LTCG on shares purchased after 31 Jan 2018, fill consolidated data
- For Mutual Funds, find ISIN and then fill STCG or LTCG in similar way
- Verify if total loss/gain from ICICI Direct statement matches that on Income Tax Portal ITR-2 Schedules.
Below is the video explaining above steps in details.
Hope you found the article useful. Please feel free to share your feedback.